The Voyage of the Velvet Starship

The Voyage of the Velvet Starship
The Voyage of the Velvet Starship

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The beginning of a new era of thought and work in my search for God's will!

Saturday, March 12th, a beautiful day here in Colorado.  Was scheduled to play golf, but to much wind!  Going to spend the day with Carrie, my new love and friend!  Eron Johnson art, work at the studio. Visit antique shops for a project.  Getting ready for a commission piece for Stephanie.  She say she is still a "Hill" even though she has a different last name now.  wants something mysterious, monochromatic, and enchanting.  No problem!  Will come up with a few ideas, and send them to her with a limited palette and will let it fly.
Need to pick up my sweet Miata convertible with only 40,000 miles on it a 93!  Having problems with this car for almost a year.  Got it solved though.  Can't wait to drive it once again.  So much to fix.  Madness.
The state of art at this point is very difficult.  Returning from my yearly one man show in Palm Desert, Ca., there were signs of life but slow going.  Worked my tail off and spent 1000's of dollars on these paintings.  At this point I don't care what I do as long as I can make some money, construction, faux, driving a bus, teaching.  Whatever it takes.  No matter what.  Art will sell but it will take some time.  So sad, people dropping like flies.  So much talent wasted.  So much for that "hope and change" bologna promised by an arrogant and incredibly self absorbed individual!
God willing the partnership of freedom and bliss of the creative spirit will rage forth in the coming months.  I look forward to this. To once again be caught up in the Light and partnership with my Lord.  Let me be the brush and knife that cuts through the layers and strata of our life's to reveal the truth hidden down deep within us. Painting that picture deep inside. So much joy and fulfillment. It felt like a vocation and mission.  Sad that the right brained artistic crowd has to struggle with money and making a living.  We are the poets of this age.  God has revealed in us his future and road less traveled.
Please be patient with me as I learn this new technology.  I will figure it out.
Cool possible plans on the horizon on several fronts M in Seattle, L in the desert, and several other possible commission pieces/wall surfaces in Denver.  Keep pushing and never give up (more on this later).
Be courageous and fight the good fight, let your light shine forth, and pray that God will send angels to loosen the hearts and minds of men able to afford and appreciate good art and send them forth to bless the artists of this day. I pray for the strangle hold of fear to leave this country so that people can once again feel they can work and live and make a living.  Be positive! God bless.  Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment