The Voyage of the Velvet Starship

The Voyage of the Velvet Starship
The Voyage of the Velvet Starship

Thursday, March 17, 2011

A crazy day

Well today was a roller coaster ride!  More things going on then I could have imagined.  C was running errands, picking up sample boards, proofs of photos.  JJ was working on 11 entries into show across the world with continual problems with the simple tech device.  Each show has specific numbers and qualification, size restrictions, artist comments, etc.  All part of the process though. Very interesting and exciting.  We will see where he goes with all of this and then I can critique and add as necessary after we get the initial work done.
Completed a surface at a client's house yesterday.  A complex combing with a colored and fragile overglaze.  Turned out very exotic in reds, sap green, and  black.  Looks like a fabric or tilled up earth.  Feel like you want to put your hands on it and feel the texture!
Started S painting today, cut the edges and primed and painted it.  Ready for the image soon.  I will update the process as I go along.  It is talking to me at this point.  I have an idea or several but nothing in stone so far.  It will hit me I know it and then I can move forward.  There is truth in every line and every surface.  It has a mind of its own.  We just need to tap into its heart to make it sing.
Singing tonight, choir practice!  What a blessing.  J makes it so much fun and uplifting. I really feel God's presence there.  How He must delight in all of us horsing around and trying as best we can to learn the music.  Something different every week.  Soulful hymns and dramatic backdrops.  You really get caught up in it.  Singing bass with a three octave range.  Tuff to get to low C.  Some phrases are so lyrical they take my breath away.  I feel so much like crying for joy.  Such liberation of the Spirit within us.  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment