The Voyage of the Velvet Starship

The Voyage of the Velvet Starship
The Voyage of the Velvet Starship

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Life in the fast lane

Today was a wonderful day.  Played golf with my father at 85 years old.  Man, I hope I can walk when I am that age.  what a short game he still has.  Played with a couple of nice guys.  Golf is such a rich experience. Value in all that you breath in and feel.  Maybe the reason I love golf so much is it slows down my crazy life for a few hours.  I don't know.  But, the sense of peace and excitement I feel when I step on the first tee, I don't know just so hard to explain.  A thrill..  That is it.  What will happen today.  Despite some injury and letdown in my own life today,    I knew it was coming,     I went for it.  What gives you the strength to carry on?  Is it another glass of wine or another piece of  creme brulee?  I find myself in the fast lane too much.  Always it seems taking on much more and having so much to do.  Balls floating in the air.  Hundred projects possible?  Do they all come in or none at all. SLOW DOWN AND BREATH.  The mountain air.  Nocci's little purrs and sihys.  All the tender, and heart opening gifts from the giver of life and art.  Help us to open ourselves up, to quiet down the     race of time      and all it's obligations. Like walking down the green slopes of the mountains above Assisi stick in hand,  meandering and stopping  and catching the wind through the trees and      knowing God was with us every step of the way        and we did not have to change lanes or stop for any one.  We were free    above the clouds    into the clouds, of the Holy city, throwing buckets of paint in the air!.  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment